Thursday, September 27, 2012

shaken, not stirred


I recently watched the movie “Julie&Julia” and realized I had a little too much in common with the main character, Julie Powell. I’m at the point in my life where I would definitely benefit from a few short term goals, and I think I could use some accountability too.

At twenty-four, I’m still in school and technically unemployed for the first time since my pre-pubescent years. I know what I want to be ‘when I grow up’ – a writer/actor/teacher…

Or maybe a yoga instructor/Starbucks barista...

You know those flighty, off-the-wall, flying-by-the-seat-of-their-pants characters in tv shows and movies? I’m slowly discovering that I might be one of them. Hence the need for a couple of short term goals.

BUT I’ve tried this blogging thing before. Twice. Unfortunately, both times (though the second time took a little longer than the first) it spiraled into a total ‘me-fest’. And nobody likes to read those. “I think this, I did that, I need ‘so-and-so’—I mean, ‘such-in-such,’ I- I- I…”

I digress.

As much as I need to get unstuck from my current life-rut, I want to do it in a way that doesn't just benefit me.

So I’ve decided to become a treasure hunter (yeah, like Indiana Jones, Lara Croft, Brendan Fraser’s character in ‘The Mummy’..). And, more importantly, I’d like to share my booty with you. ;) Adventure is my middle name, and I'm convinced that incredible new discoveries are always just around the corner, so, if you’ll let me, I’d like to bring you along for the ride.

The goal: blog every day (crap, that’s a frightening goal) – but not about me. About my discoveries (or adventures) and hopefully inspire you to make some of your own.

The goal behind the goal: Live intentionally. Seek adventures. Make discoveries. Shake thing up. Get uncomfortable. And DON’T waste another day pretending it doesn’t have the potential to be amazing.
 
So what do you say? Care to join me?

No comments:

Post a Comment