Sunday, October 7, 2012

call me tesla

Even though I was a coffee barista for two years and a university student for.. six years (let's keep that on the DL), I've never developed the taste for coffee. Or tea. So my go-to hot drink has always been hot chocolate, or sometimes milk steamers, but those usually aren't that great.

But today I invented something glorious.

I call it: hot juice.

It's kind of like tea... except that instead of a tea bag and water, I put an inch of juice in the bottom of a mug and added boiling H20. Low calories, same great juicey taste, AND it's hot - so I have something to drink on those cold winter nights!

I took a sip of it and immediately announced my genius to my family members around the dinner table but none of them paid me any mind, as usual :P haha .. therefore I'm telling the rest of the world instead.

Hot Juice: discovery/invention of the day. Get into it.

I'm sure today is not its real day of creation and there has been many an inventor before me to have made the discovery, but it's new in my books. It was only after I made it that I remembered Julian Smith's "Hot Kool Aid" skit:



So maybe I'm less like Tesla and more like Edison... 

For more of their story, see this video: [warning: language and barfing]



But.. back to my hot juice...

The moral of the story is, it was yummy. And I finally have another option other than hot chocolate.

Today is a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment