Thursday, October 18, 2012

soggy afternoons

What is it about rainy days that makes me want to just sit around, watch movies and drink hot chocolate? I did none of those things today, but I most definitely wanted to. It's weird how much of an effect the weather can have on my emotions or motivation.

My window wasn't even open. I couldn't see the overcast sky or growing puddles. I could only hear the rhythmic rainfall that quickly turned into a downpour. It made me want to stop what I was doing and just have a nap, totally out of the blue.

So weird.

Alls I can say is, this rainy weather better go on a little hiatus for a while or I will give in to my lazy desires and never leave the house til next spring.

Speaking of lazy tendencies though -- yesterday when I was searching for the newest episode of New Girl, I stumbled upon a new tv show that I fell in love with almost instantly. I don't know if you've heard anything about it, it's called Arrow. It's like Batman Begins meets Smallville - except it's about Oliver Queen, ie. the Green Arrow :)



I gotta say, even though I'm an archer, I never really thought much of the Green Arrow. My faves are Iron Man, Batman, Wolverine - you know, the obviously awesome superheros. But Stephen Amell's Oliver Queen is definitely bringing something to the table (dare I say, something delicious? haha).


Seriously though. It's a really good show. I mean, I'm only two episodes in, but I'm hooked. Not all the actors are phenomenal, but a good number of them are pretty decent. And there's action and archery - things that I think should be in every tv show, movie and stage play, really.

Just check it out, will ya? Or don't. We can still be friends either way. Probably.

No comments:

Post a Comment